Saturday, July 30, 2016

Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters

Nuts. Chocolate. Sea Salt. Enough said, right? I want them all.

I'm usually an "eat lots of dessert because life is short" kinda girl. But, I have been participating in a family fitness challenge so I have been cutting back in the dessert department. This is a short term thing, I can assure you! ;)

But, in the mean time I have found that these dark chocolate nut clusters are perfectly satisfying and a much healthier option than other treats. Plus the added sea salt just makes these even tastier.

I like to keep these in an airtight container in my freezer and when I have a strong urge for something sweet I can just munch on one of these clusters. They are seriously so delicious and SO EASY. Which is a must when you are a busy human.

Side note: Next time I will make them a bit smaller. I like my clusters a bit more bite-sized.










Recipe:

2 cups raw almonds
10 oz. dark chocolate
Sea salt

Preheat oven to 300ºF.

Place almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.

Place chocolate in a metal bowl over a bain marie. * Stir the chocolate until it is completely melted. Remove bowl from bain marie and add the toasted almonds. Stir until all almonds are coated.

Using a spoon or portion scoop, scoop the almonds in clusters on a silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt on the tops and pop the tray into the refrigerator for 10 or 15 minutes until they are cooled solid. Remove the clusters and place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.


*Bain marie is another name for a double boiler. You place the metal bowl over a pot that has about an inch of simmering water. The metal bowl should be nestled in the pot but should NOT be touching the water at all. The steam between the simmering water and the metal bowl is the goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment