Thursday, February 11, 2016

Bicycle and Arrows Cake



I was so excited when I was asked to design and make a cake for the Young Women at my church! The Young Women's program had a "New Beginnings" night where they welcome in all the girls who are turning 12 and about to join Young Women. Their theme was "Press Forward with Steadfastness in Christ" and they wanted to focus on bikes and arrows in the decor. 

This cake was SO much fun to design and make. The top tier is lemon cake with cardamom swiss meringue buttercream. It is covered in homemade mint fondant and I used white fondant to make the mountain ranges. 

The bottom tier is chocolate cake with raspberry swiss meringue buttercream. I covered it in coral fondant and I also used fondant to make the colored arrows. I used edible gold luster dust to paint and accent some arrows. 

The bike is made of candy melts. I made the wheels, bike seat and pedal out of fondant that I colored black. Then I piped yellow and white candy melts to make the rest of the bike. I stuck it in the freezer to harden before lifting it off the wax paper. 






No comments:

Post a Comment