Thursday, October 9, 2014

Lemon Swiss Meringue Buttercream Cake

In my culinary program at school I am finally taking the cake decorating class that I have been SO anxious and excited to take! I have never been very confident with decorating and this class has been the most amazing help. Granted, this is just my first project... so don't judge me too harshly! ;) I still have a lot to learn in this class and even more to look forward to in the advanced cake decorating class. 

For this first project we were required to use swiss meringue buttercream to frost our 2- 6" layers. Then we were asked to decorate it however we wanted as long as we demonstrated the techniques we have learned so far. 

So, here you see that I kept my swiss meringue buttercream white and I made yellow decorator's frosting (since it is a lemon cake) to do the string work, the pearl border on the top and the yellow rose. I also used decorator's frosting for the green leaves. 

SORRY! No recipe this time... I just wanted to show off some pictures!







No comments:

Post a Comment