Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Rocky Road Ice-Cream


This summer I've become consumed with making ice-cream. It's certainly been fun creating new recipes and combinations of flavors but it's definitely forced me to run more. Oh well!

Out of all the ice-cream recipes I've tried this summer...this Rocky Road recipe is by far my favorite. The rich chocolate base combined with crunchy nuts and gooey marshmallows makes this ice-cream a big hit in my household (me... ahem!).

Recipe:

3/4 cup cocoa powder (sifted)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
pinch salt
1 cup whole milk (do NOT try using any other kind of milk)
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 T. pure vanilla extract
chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
mini marshmallows

-In bowl whisk together the cocoa, sugars and salt.
-Add the milk.
-Using a hand mixer (or a whisk) beat on low speed until smooth and sugars completely dissolved.
-Stir in heavy cream and vanilla.
-Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.

-Follow directions on your ice cream maker.
-When ice-cream is almost done churning add in the chopped nuts and mini marshmallows.
-Transfer soft ice-cream to freezer-safe container and freeze for about 2 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment